User Information

coder2045

Post Count:1333
First Seen:10:55:46 PM 21/12/2018
Last Seen:12:46:45 AM 18/9/2020
Starting at newsest posts first

1333: Filter out the "R" word. at 12:46:45 AM 18/9/20204426638
So “r*t*r*ed”? I've heard it about 50 times when I was younger than 8, still hear it now, and have zero problems with it.
This car racing game that was honestly extremely hard.
1331: 'Illegal' bump warning at 10:27:01 PM 9/9/20204405365
Baump, bu mp, 123mp, “bring my post up, like, right now”, bbump, bbbump, bbbbump, bbbbbump, bbbbbbump, bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbump,
BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP
1330: Veteran Scratchers at 10:51:00 PM 7/9/20204399294
Rejected.

Rejected Suggestions wrote:

8.2 Add a rank above Scratcher or allow users to skip the New Scratcher status
There are three ranks: New Scratcher, Scratcher, and Scratch Team. The only reason the New Scratcher rank exists is to prevent spam, and since it only takes a few weeks to become a Scratcher, bullying and separation is rather minimal. Similarly, the Scratch Team rank exists so users know who is on the Scratch Team; generally, Scratch Team members do not brag about the Scratch Team rank. In contrast, there may be division in the community between Scratchers and those with a higher rank, which could also lead to bragging and bullying. This also includes a “verified Scratcher” status where well-known Scratchers get a special symbol next to their name.

Although the restrictions for New Scratchers may seem annoying, they are extremely effective against spam and inappropriate content. For New Scratchers who are wondering how to become a Scratcher or what it means to be one, check out this post. The Scratch Team will not allow any accounts to “skip” the New Scratcher status, even if it is an alternate account of an existing account.

1329: What is occurring here??? at 8:58:04 PM 5/9/20204394420
Did you change the computer clock? That might be it. Sometimes it lags, but when I got it it said “in 3 seconds”, not 7 hours.
1328: Remove this limit at 3:48:33 AM 31/8/20204377495

kChiaEC19 wrote:

Semi-support.

However, this could be used for spamming. What if a Scratcher (not a New Scratcher, since those topics can't be closed) created a 24/7-operating bot (more than one, of course, to work around the sixty-second rule per account) that repeatedly flooded (stickies stay at the top), for example, new topics in the Bugs and Glitches forum (with one consistent subject line across all topics, such as “EMAIL ME AT (email)” or “DATE ME AT (dating website link)”), while closing each topic right after?
Then it would be reported. (for personal info sharing)
1327: Remove this limit at 1:42:16 AM 31/8/20204377349
Let's say you make a topic without really thinking. Then, 1 hour later, you get a ton of replies and decide to close it. However, you need to wait 24 hours after making the topic to close it. I can't think of any possible reason why the limit's there, either. Also, if you say “No support, just report it to be closed”, the moderators are really busy and there are a lot of users lately who want to close a topic but they have to ask the moderators (and, like I said, they're really busy.)
1326: Advanced Blocks Extention at 1:32:51 AM 31/8/20204377324

mlcreater wrote:

BosenChang wrote:

Now, we can have this block:
([some] or [qrey] :: #ccc444)
Is not that just
<<> or <>>
turned into a reporter?

BosenChang wrote:

(() to () :: #ccc444)
Do you mean
() ^ () :: reporter // suggestion---https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/9907/
?

BosenChang wrote:

[sprite v] is <> :: #ccc444 boolean // is this impossible? (recolored by quoter)
I like the idea, but I do not think it could work like that.
I think it could work as multiple blocks:
[Sprite1 v] is touching [mouse-pointer v] ? :: #ccc444 boolean
[Sprite1 v] is touching color [#32A852] ? :: #ccc444 boolean

BosenChang wrote:

Now, we can have this block:
([some] or [qrey] :: #ccc444)
Is not that just
<<> or <>>
turned into a reporter?
I think he/she/all the other genders meant that it reports a random one of the two inputs.

BosenChang wrote:

(() to () :: #ccc444)
Do you mean
() ^ () :: reporter // suggestion---https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/9907/
?
I don't think so, but I'm pretty sure that's both a dupe and impossible to add.
According to someone, because a person could code a bot outside of Scratch to make spam accounts and crash the servers with cloud variables.
1324: Wiki Wednesday, August 26, 2020 at 5:59:09 PM 30/8/20204376401

somi_12 wrote:

move () steps
[/wiki thursday]
Really?
1323: Studios with follower restrictions... at 5:54:08 PM 30/8/20204376387
That's allowed, I think to any extent, although the stricter the rules are, the less chance there is of anyone joining. Also, you technically must have x followers to make a studio with x+ follower requirements. So this:
-250+ followers
-500+ views

would be more open than this:
-7500+ followers
-25000+ views
-Must be featured 3+ times
-Must be curated 5+ times
-No F4F
-Must have gotten to 1st in trending 3+ times
1322: Unfamous scratchers at 5:27:04 PM 30/8/20204376319
Really, those bars were probably meant so people would get addicted to the site. Also, I'd guess that 75% of projects are unshared and another 24% have less than 25 views.
1321: What's so bad about remix chains? at 7:53:58 PM 27/8/20204367636
Remix chains are allowed (I've been in five) and remixes of remixes don't count toward the original, so you can't usually get Top Loved that way.
1320: What happened to George Floyd? at 7:40:19 PM 27/8/20204367589
(This is in Things I'm READING and Playing and I read about it on Wikipedia.)
I have heard of multiple reasons why he was sat on and I've heard of these, from most to least common:
-Being black and nothing else
-Robbing a store
-No reason
-Trying to buy things with fake money
-Owning fake money
1319: I found something really interesting. at 7:32:42 PM 27/8/20204367561

Cool…
Za-Chary's 3287 follower Q&A has at LEAST 200 costumes so you should be fine.
No. Covid-19 isn't a joke and the deaths/cases will probably hit 20M/500M by the end of the year so this thing is gonna be serious.
1316: phone number censor and links at 12:52:46 AM 25/8/20204358171

miniepicness wrote:

CellularData wrote:

The easiest way to fix this would be to exempt the phone number filter in Scratch URLs.

Except for one HUGE problem…

Let's say your number is 314-159-2653 (This is pi, and actually not even a real phone number so don't get mad at me). You could give out your number by linking to this project:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/3141592653/

All you'd have to do is say something like “the number in the URL is my number” and people would get what you meant.

Another fix could be to skip 10 letter URLs and jump to 11 letters, but this presents another problem:
PHONE NUMBERS IN NON-USA COUNTRIES

This is a way bigger problem than it seems…
yeah. maybe skip to 20 characters? but that would take SO MUCH SPACE
"My phone number is the numbers in scratch.mit.edu/projects/55531428280000000000/ but without the 0s.
(Phone numbers starting with 555 are reserved for fictional purposes.)
1315: phone number censor and links at 12:49:44 AM 25/8/20204358166

jromagnoli wrote:

miniepicness wrote:

Eventually, when we get to the next digit in the project codes, the phone number censor will replace all link project codes with XXXXXXXXXX, and people will not be able to tell eachother about their projects, or link their new project on their profile, you may need to fix this.
Wow… I didn't really think about this, because I didn't know we were so close. That's going to be a big problem.
We're 41% of the way there and getting ~100M/year, so we should run into this sometime around 2025-6.
1314: How did Montoja join in 1990? at 12:42:56 AM 25/8/20204358147

mtech22 wrote:

The same way all the gdprs did, probably, they requested a DataWipe or ST wiped their data.
That sets the join date to 2000, not the 1990s.