Topic Information

Using songs and pieces by ColorOfCode in Questions about Scratch

1: ColorOfCode wrote at 2:37:34 AM 17/9/20204424283
Hi! So I had an awesome idea. I am Christian and I wanted to maybe play Christian songs on my violin, but I realized that most of them were copyright. But then I also realized, there are so many things like MAPs on Scratch, and just background music in general! Is it ok for people to use music like that, even though they give credit? I’m pretty sure most MAPs have copyrighted music, and that’s illegal isn’t it? Also is there anything in the guidelines about Christianity? I know that politics are not supposed to on Scratch, and I understand why. But what about religion? I really want to know, and I would love answers!
2: DipLeChip wrote at 2:41:51 AM 17/9/20204424287
Creative Commons license might protect it but dont quote me on that.
3: --Explosion-- wrote at 2:49:48 AM 17/9/20204424292
I think scratch is under some sort of educational institue license that means that you're allowed to use copyrighted works unlesss the company wants it taken down. If you're playing the songs that sounds totally fine!
In fact will you give me the link on my profile once you make it? That sounds super cool!
4: ColorOfCode wrote at 2:58:42 AM 17/9/20204424298

DipLeChip wrote:

Creative Commons license might protect it but dont quote me on that.

as for religion, so long as you dont trash talk other religions or force your own on people, you can express your beliefs in a way that doesnt offend people.
Ok thanks! I mean I’m definitely not gonna force people to be Christians lol so that works for me

--Explosion-- wrote:

I think scratch is under some sort of educational institue license that means that you're allowed to use copyrighted works unlesss the company wants it taken down. If you're playing the songs that sounds totally fine!
In fact will you give me the link on my profile once you make it? That sounds super cool!

Hmmm, I was thinking it was something like that. I asked Ceebee too so I should be able to confirm it! And yeah sure! I’m planning on making it a series of just any Christian music I vibe to lol which is basically all Christian music xD So when I get some info from Ceebee and after I start making the projects, I’ll notify you (ack I love your stuff so I can’t believe you would want to see mine >.<)
5: EZ-Games wrote at 3:19:45 AM 17/9/20204424320
Political discussion is actually allowed just as long as you're respectful to Scratchers.
6: ColorOfCode wrote at 3:20:46 AM 17/9/20204424322

EZ-Games wrote:

Political discussion is actually allowed just as long as you're respectful to Scratchers.
Oh ok, thank you! Love the verse on your signature btw
7: ittybitmap wrote at 12:40:04 PM 17/9/20204424977

ColorOfCode wrote:

Hmmm, I was thinking it was something like that. I asked Ceebee too so I should be able to confirm it! And yeah sure! I’m planning on making it a series of just any Christian music I vibe to lol which is basically all Christian music xD So when I get some info from Ceebee and after I start making the projects, I’ll notify you (ack I love your stuff so I can’t believe you would want to see mine >.<)
dont ask st members stuff on their profile instead use contact us
8: Bluebatstar wrote at 3:13:18 PM 17/9/20204425242
Projects that are just music that you didn't make aren't allowed, but if it's you playing it on violin then I think you should be fine.
9: ColorOfCode wrote at 3:35:48 PM 17/9/20204425276

Bluebatstar wrote:

Projects that are just music that you didn't make aren't allowed, but if it's you playing it on violin then I think you should be fine.
Hmm ok thank you!