Topic Information

Require email confirmation when logging in from a new device by Mr_PenguinAlex in Suggestions

1: Mr_PenguinAlex wrote at 2:11:34 PM 1/8/20204280078
If you log into Scratch on a different computer that you haven't logged in on before, and it doesn't make you do an email confirmation thing to log in.
If there was an email confirmation thing when you log in from a new device, it would prevent hacking and stuff like that.
2: herohamp wrote at 2:15:09 PM 1/8/20204280085

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

If you log into Scratch on a different computer that you haven't logged in on before, and it doesn't make you do an email confirmation thing to log in.
If there was an email confirmation thing when you log in from a new device, it would prevent hacking and stuff like that.
Ehhh just get a good password. I do not want to do an email confirmation just because some people cant use a password manager
3: fdreerf wrote at 2:18:08 PM 1/8/20204280091

herohamp wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

Ehhh just get a good password. I do not want to do an email confirmation just because some people cant use a password manager
Hmm, you would think that if someone were to enter your account on a foreign device with malicious intent in mind, they would probably, I dunno, already have your password.
4: herohamp wrote at 2:20:30 PM 1/8/20204280096

fdreerf wrote:

herohamp wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

Hmm, you would think that if someone were to enter your account on a foreign device with malicious intent in mind, they would probably, I dunno, already have your password.
Right, but if you use a password manager with secure and long password you would have no issues unless they hacked your local computer or guessed your password manager password at which point you have much bigger problems.
5: Col_Cat228 wrote at 2:22:13 PM 1/8/20204280102
It would be a protection from hackers, though they're not much of a problem. Like, if another device has your password it should give you an email before being able to log in, like in GitHub. Semi-support. It would give a protection from hackers, though. Are they much of a problem?
6: ElsieBreeze wrote at 2:38:50 PM 1/8/20204280160
This would be a nice option to have, yes. I would love to see TOTP too, because TOTP is much less annoying to use than email verification IMHO.
7: herohamp wrote at 3:03:23 PM 1/8/20204280239

ElsieBreeze wrote:

This would be a nice option to have, yes. I would love to see TOTP too, because TOTP is much less annoying to use than email verification IMHO.
TOTP would be much better than Email Verification
8: ElsieBreeze wrote at 3:07:37 PM 1/8/20204280265

herohamp wrote:

ElsieBreeze wrote:

TOTP would be much better than Email Verification
Yeah but rescuing TOTP codes from the hellish depths of LastPass:tm: Authenticator:tm: is awful.
9: j3r0_plays wrote at 4:19:06 PM 1/8/20204280496
NO! At least, if its impossible to turn off. This is annoying, and i dont want it. But it might be useful to those Karens that cant use password managers.
10: BosenChang wrote at 4:22:27 PM 1/8/20204280516
Support. This would stop people from hacking into other's devices.
11: herohamp wrote at 4:32:00 PM 1/8/20204280553

BosenChang wrote:

Nope not devices, just accounts. If someone has access to your Scratch account that gives them ZERO access to your computer or whatever device you use to connet to Scratch
12: srana1112 wrote at 4:42:53 PM 1/8/20204280588

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

I agree
13: j3r0_plays wrote at 4:56:46 PM 1/8/20204280660

herohamp wrote:

BosenChang wrote:

Nope not devices, just accounts. If someone has access to your Scratch account that gives them ZERO access to your computer or whatever device you use to connet to Scratch
Yeah. 99% of services grant ZERO access to your physical computer.