Topic Information

Need help with a new genetics project! by I_Am_G in Help With Scripts

1: I_Am_G wrote at 8:36:57 AM 14/5/20204011002
So the project so far works like this: you enter the traits of the parents and if you enter a dominant trait it will randomize which letters the parent has (e.x. BB or Bb) by pulling them from the list that contains the letters for the trait you entered. All the traits you enter will be put into the “Mom” list and the “Dad” list in their letter form. The next step? Combine the genetics into a punnet square automatically and present the results. Is there any way this could be done?
2: nerdiebirdy wrote at 12:02:09 PM 14/5/20204011226
Could you show me the code?
3: deck26 wrote at 12:05:49 PM 14/5/20204011229
Of course it can be done but it will be easier to help if we can see the project.
4: Oumuamua wrote at 12:22:57 PM 14/5/20204011264
I would say that this topic seems more like a Request topic.
I think the main problem is how to realistically randomize dominant and recessive genes to inherit.
The other stuff should be done by the OP.
5: I_Am_G wrote at 12:06:41 AM 15/5/20204013313

nerdiebirdy wrote:

Could you show me the code?
It's basically like this but with a lot more different genes: (the lists are all named for different genes)
when green flag clicked
delete (all) of [list long fur]
delete (all) of [list mom]
add [LL] to [list long fur]
add [Ll] to [list long fur]
Etc with all the dominant genes

Then, for the actual mom and dad lists:
when green flag clicked
ask [How long is the mom's fur? (short/long)] and wait
if <(answer) = [long]> then
add (item (pick random (1) to (2)) of [list long fur] :: list) to [list mom]
else
if <(answer) = [short]> then
add [ll] to [list mom]
end
Etc with all the other genes and then with dad's. There's probably a different way to code this to make it easier to generate the genetic results but Idunno what it is, been on and off here for five years and still don't know how to code
6: I_Am_G wrote at 12:13:04 AM 15/5/20204013347

Oumuamua wrote:

I would say that this topic seems more like a Request topic.
I think the main problem is how to realistically randomize dominant and recessive genes to inherit.
The other stuff should be done by the OP.
I need help with the code- I know my genetics. But yes, I don't know how to code it to automatically accurately combine the genes of the parents without my human brain to combine them.