Topic Information

Share with Folloewers by if1hadd--19 in Suggestions

Posts: 35

1: if1hadd--19 wrote at 6:15:28 PM 3/5/20203979808
There should be a button for telling your followers about a project you like.
2: GuineaGod wrote at 6:22:31 PM 3/5/20203979824

if1hadd--19 wrote:

There should be a button for telling your followers about a project you like.

Thats a good idea!
3: if1hadd--19 wrote at 6:57:00 PM 3/5/20203979890

GuineaGod wrote:

if1hadd--19 wrote:

There should be a button for telling your followers about a project you like.

Thats a good idea!

thanks
4: PrincessFlowerTV wrote at 7:08:34 PM 3/5/20203979922
If you really like a project that you want to show to other people, maybe put a link in your “About Me”, or favorite the project so it shows up on your profile page; it's that simple. Or, if it's a close friend who you know wouldn't mind, comment on their profile with a link, saying “Hey, I really like this project, I think that you'd like it too!”

Could you give us an in-depth description on how exactly this would work? Would it send your followers a message, saying to check out that certain project?
5: if1hadd--19 wrote at 7:09:05 PM 3/5/20203979923

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

If you really like a project that you want to show to other people, maybe put a link in your “About Me”, or favorite the project so it shows up on your profile page; it's that simple. Or, if it's a close friend who you know wouldn't mind, comment on their profile with a link, saying “Hey, I really like this project, I think that you'd like it too!”

Also, could you give us an in-depth description on how exactly this would work? Would it send your followers a message, saying to check out that certain project?

This would be instinct.
6: Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote at 3:23:40 PM 4/5/20203982269

if1hadd--19 wrote:

There should be a button for telling your followers about a project you like.

Isn't there already “Projects Loved By Scratchers I'm Following”? That's very similar.
7: MeowyTitan08 wrote at 3:37:18 PM 4/5/20203982335
No support. That would be annoying, and people would use it to advertise.

For example, a Scratcher has two accounts and one is for the sole purpose of F4Fing. Then, they notify all their followers about a project on their main.
8: if1hadd--19 wrote at 3:55:57 PM 4/5/20203982401

MeowyTitan08 wrote:

No support. That would be annoying, and people would use it to advertise.

For example, a Scratcher has two accounts and one is for the sole purpose of F4Fing. Then, they notify all their followers about a project on their main.

well, then the creator can't do this to their project. one problem done.
9: if1hadd--19 wrote at 5:11:20 PM 4/5/20203982682

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

if1hadd--19 wrote:

There should be a button for telling your followers about a project you like.

Isn't there already “Projects Loved By Scratchers I'm Following”? That's very similar.

yes, but this would be instint
10: CorporalGrape13 wrote at 6:21:15 PM 4/5/20203982937

if1hadd--19 wrote:

There should be a button for telling your followers about a project you like.

Good idea!

Hey sccrrrattch teeaam listten
11: Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote at 6:24:35 PM 4/5/20203982946

if1hadd--19 wrote:

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

if1hadd--19 wrote:

There should be a button for telling your followers about a project you like.

Isn't there already “Projects Loved By Scratchers I'm Following”? That's very similar.

yes, but this would be instint

Couldn't this be used for advertising or spamming?
12: StevenTheSquare wrote at 8:52:20 PM 4/5/20203983445
that's what the “favorite” button is for
13: if1hadd--19 wrote at 9:01:50 PM 4/5/20203983482

StevenTheSquare wrote:

that's what the “favorite” button is for

yes, but if they favorite or love five more times, you wouldn't know.
14: if1hadd--19 wrote at 9:02:57 PM 4/5/20203983488

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

if1hadd--19 wrote:

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

if1hadd--19 wrote:

There should be a button for telling your followers about a project you like.

Isn't there already “Projects Loved By Scratchers I'm Following”? That's very similar.

yes, but this would be instint

Couldn't this be used for advertising or spamming?

the rule is that the creator can't do this, because their followers will already know.
15: Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote at 9:05:25 PM 4/5/20203983497

if1hadd--19 wrote:

the rule is that the creator can't do this, because their followers will already know.
But couldn't someone use it to show people all of your projects, or be used over and over to spam?
16: if1hadd--19 wrote at 9:22:00 PM 4/5/20203983546

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

if1hadd--19 wrote:

the rule is that the creator can't do this, because their followers will already know.
But couldn't someone use it to show people all of your projects, or be used over and over to spam?
we will just use the can't follow other and other code for this
17: Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote at 9:24:54 PM 4/5/20203983555

if1hadd--19 wrote:

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

if1hadd--19 wrote:

the rule is that the creator can't do this, because their followers will already know.
But couldn't someone use it to show people all of your projects, or be used over and over to spam?
we will just use the can't follow other and other code for this
basiclly, code the system so you can't re-notify.
Yes, but you can use the Share button to share all of your projects. And that's bad news, because users like me with 473 projects could use it to spam your messages.
18: if1hadd--19 wrote at 10:29:01 PM 4/5/20203983752

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

if1hadd--19 wrote:

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

if1hadd--19 wrote:

the rule is that the creator can't do this, because their followers will already know.
But couldn't someone use it to show people all of your projects, or be used over and over to spam?
we will just use the can't follow other and other code for this
basiclly, code the system so you can't re-notify.
Yes, but you can use the Share With Followers button to share all of your projects. And that's bad news, because users like me with 473 projects could use it to spam your messages.

maybe we should add a 10 minute rule where you can't share with followers two times in ten minutes
19: Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote at 2:32:26 AM 5/5/20203983767

if1hadd--19 wrote:

we should add a 10 minute rule where you can't share with followers two times in ten minutes

That would cause a lot of users to complain. People already groan over waiting one minute between each post. Imagine 10 minutes between each share.
20: if1hadd--19 wrote at 2:33:21 AM 5/5/20203983769

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

if1hadd--19 wrote:

we should add a 10 minute rule where you can't share with followers two times in ten minutes

That would cause a lot of users to complain. People already groan over waiting one minute between each post. Imagine 10 minutes between each share.

5 minutes? or 2?