Topic Information

Scratch School- cloud teaching by geckos121 in Help With Scripts

Posts: 36

1: geckos121 wrote at 11:35:52 PM 25/3/20203889513
I'm using this thread to teach @Yus1515 about cloud, but anyone can learn and ask questions! Studio: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/26023046
2: Yus1515 wrote at 11:37:02 PM 25/3/20203889516
Okay, I have followed the discussion
3: geckos121 wrote at 11:38:06 PM 25/3/20203889518
Thanks! Now for the movement. How many players do you want?
4: Yus1515 wrote at 12:10:28 AM 26/3/20203889546
at least 3 players
5: geckos121 wrote at 12:24:30 AM 26/3/20203889573

Yus1515 wrote:

at least 3 players
Alright, let's do 4. You'll need to create a cloud variable for each player. Call them 1, 2, 3, and 4.
6: jemunm wrote at 12:25:00 AM 26/3/20203889575
Looks like your guys having fun
7: Yus1515 wrote at 4:09:58 AM 26/3/20203889826

geckos121 wrote:

Yus1515 wrote:

at least 3 players
Alright, let's do 4. You'll need to create a cloud variable for each player. Call them 1, 2, 3, and 4.
Okay, I have done that.
8: Monna-Uka wrote at 11:14:04 AM 26/3/20203889946
Followed! Can't wait to see and try more steps from this!
9: geckos121 wrote at 2:14:56 PM 26/3/20203890334
Okay. Now you need to come up with a format for your cloud vars and write that format down in a comment on your sprite (did I mention you need a sprite?). There are a few different ways to format your CVs (Cloud Variables); but first I'd like to know a bit about what you're envisioning for the movement. Is it scrolling? Is it platform-style, or free? (Free would be like @FUNUT's corona virus simulator)
10: Paigeri wrote at 2:22:48 PM 26/3/20203890351

geckos121 wrote:

I'm using this thread to teach @Yus1515 about cloud, but anyone can learn and ask questions! Studio: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/26023046
Hiya! Cool studio! I love the thumbnail! Though, this is not the correct section of the forums to share this. If you would like to advertise your projects, studios, or other creations, please go here! Thanks! ^.^
11: geckos121 wrote at 2:28:10 PM 26/3/20203890362

Paigeri wrote:

geckos121 wrote:

I'm using this thread to teach @Yus1515 about cloud, but anyone can learn and ask questions! Studio: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/26023046
Hiya! Cool studio! I love the thumbnail! Though, this is not the correct section of the forums to share this. If you would like to advertise your projects, studios, or other creations, please go here! Thanks! ^.^

I'm not trying to advertise; that isn't even my studio. I can remove it if you want. That was more of an aside, to give some background on what this was for. This thread was created because someone asked me for help with cloud, and I thought it'd be easier to teach them on a discuss thread because I can show them code with the “scratchblocks” tag.
12: Paigeri wrote at 2:31:21 PM 26/3/20203890376

geckos121 wrote:

Paigeri wrote:

geckos121 wrote:

I'm using this thread to teach @Yus1515 about cloud, but anyone can learn and ask questions! Studio: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/26023046
Hiya! Cool studio! I love the thumbnail! Though, this is not the correct section of the forums to share this. If you would like to advertise your projects, studios, or other creations, please go here! Thanks! ^.^

I'm not trying to advertise; that isn't even my studio. I can remove it if you want. That was more of an aside, to give some background on what this was for. This thread was created because someone asked me for help with cloud, and I thought it'd be easier to teach them on a discuss thread because I can show them code with the “scratchblocks” tag.
Oh, I see. That's alright, though this still goes in a different section of the forums, Show & Tell!
13: FOREVA wrote at 2:33:46 PM 26/3/20203890378

Monna-Uka wrote:

Followed! Can't wait to see and try more steps from this!
Same here!!!
14: geckos121 wrote at 4:30:08 PM 26/3/20203890580

Paigeri wrote:

geckos121 wrote:

Paigeri wrote:

geckos121 wrote:

I'm using this thread to teach @Yus1515 about cloud, but anyone can learn and ask questions! Studio: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/26023046
Hiya! Cool studio! I love the thumbnail! Though, this is not the correct section of the forums to share this. If you would like to advertise your projects, studios, or other creations, please go here! Thanks! ^.^

I'm not trying to advertise; that isn't even my studio. I can remove it if you want. That was more of an aside, to give some background on what this was for. This thread was created because someone asked me for help with cloud, and I thought it'd be easier to teach them on a discuss thread because I can show them code with the “scratchblocks” tag.
Oh, I see. That's alright, though this still goes in a different section of the forums, Show & Tell!
It belongs here, in “Help with Scripts,” because I am giving @Yus1515 help with their code. That is what I made this for, and that is all it will be used for. I have removed the studio link, so there is are no misunderstandings about where this belongs.
15: deck26 wrote at 5:21:35 PM 26/3/20203890663

geckos121 wrote:

It belongs here, in “Help with Scripts,” because I am giving @Yus1515 help with their code. That is what I made this for, and that is all it will be used for. I have removed the studio link, so there is are no misunderstandings about where this belongs.
I understand your point of view but you have two such topics in the top page of a forum aimed at people posting topics asking for help. On that basis Show and Tell would be a better fit - you only need the other person to know where it is and it leaves this forum free to work the way it does best.
16: Yus1515 wrote at 9:17:52 PM 26/3/20203891026

geckos121 wrote:

Okay. Now you need to come up with a format for your cloud vars and write that format down in a comment on your sprite (did I mention you need a sprite?). There are a few different ways to format your CVs (Cloud Variables); but first I'd like to know a bit about what you're envisioning for the movement. Is it scrolling? Is it platform-style, or free? (Free would be like @FUNUT's corona virus simulator)
we could do scrolling or free. Whatever you think.
17: Yus1515 wrote at 9:20:20 PM 26/3/20203891029
Oh no, gotta go! Chat with ya later!
18: Delsanium wrote at 6:44:06 PM 27/3/20203892431

geckos121 wrote:

Thanks! Now for the movement. How many players do you want?

How do you make the cloud game part. I am following this discussion, but you haven't said anything about how make it a clould game.
19: Delsanium wrote at 6:50:00 PM 27/3/20203892445

geckos121 wrote:

Yus1515 wrote:

at least 3 players
Alright, let's do 4. You'll need to create a cloud variable for each player. Call them 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Do I have to write cloud variable, or can I just name them 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10?
20: Oumuamua wrote at 7:24:32 PM 27/3/20203892478
I wonder if i could ask and respond myself if i create an alter ego. Is it possible?