CHAPTER 1 DOWNLOAD: https://www.deltarune.com/
(Windows / MacOS / Nintendo Switch / PS4)
Notice: Your computer might detect the program as malicious. This is false.
Official interview with Toby Fox about DELTARUNE
(provided by @_nix)
Welcome to the official-unofficial topic for DELTARUNE, an official spinoff game to the popular indie title UNDERTALE. This topic serves as an alternate platform to separate the discussion from the UNDERTALE topic.
By continuing to read this topic, you agree to the risk of spoilers. It is highly recommended to complete Chapter 1 on your own before heading into the discussion, as DELTARUNE is a fairly recent game that is best experienced when played blind.
DELTARUNE is an upcoming official spinoff game to UNDERTALE, the popular indie roleplaying title where nobody has to die. They are both developed by Toby Fox, who was previously known for his Earthbound Halloween hack and music contribution to Homestuck. In DELTARUNE, the player takes on the role of a human living in a world where humans and monsters co-exist. The game features an all-new original soundtrack, new characters, new locations and a new adventure.
DELTARUNE currently has no set release date and is far from completion. Chapter 1 is however available for free and can be downloaded here: https://www.deltarune.com/
For additional support about DELTARUNE or if you have any question to Toby, please read the FAQ: https://www.deltarune.com/help/
2011 - The initial concept was developed during a fever dream, as confirmed in Toby's interview on Feb 14, 2019.
Mar 27, 2012 - Artist Kanotynes uploaded a set of face card designs on her Tumblr. Toby confirms in a tweet that this was a major inspiration to the game.
Apr / May, 2012 - Presumably when the game began taking physical form and the first concept art and script was made, evidenced by this tweet.
Oct 30, 2018 - 13 tweets appeared on @UnderTale, written in first person and in all-caps. The sender promises something “very, very, exciting” to be revealed tomorrow. Toby also tweeted from his personal Twitter account, asking people who have completed UNDERTALE to look at the announcement. This is the first known official announcement for the game.
Oct 31, 2018 - 24 hours after the previous tweets, 7 new tweets appeared on @UnderTale, written in the same fashion as before except the last tweet, revealing the website address for DELTARUNE, and confirming the name of the game. The website provided download links to the game, and asked players to not discuss the game for 24 hours.
Nov 1, 2018 - DELTARUNE Chapter 1 OST became available on Bandcamp, purchasable for $7 USD. The silence request was removed from the website, and Toby tweeted out his own thoughts about the game via TwitLonger.
Nov 9, 2018 - Fangamer released the DELTARUNE collection, featuring 4 unique items available for purchase.
Nov 20, 2018 - DELTARUNE Chapter 1 OST became available on Spotify.
Nov 23, 2018 - DELTARUNE Chapter 1 OST became available on iTunes.
Feb 13, 2019 - DELTARUNE Chapter 1 was announced on Nintendo Direct to be released for the Nintendo Switch on February 28, 2019. A PS4 port was also announced, but no release date was provided. Fangamer also announced preorders for the official Ralsei plush.
Feb 21, 2019 - Twitter account @PlayStation announced the release date for the first chapter of DELTARUNE on PS4, which is on the same day as the Nintendo Switch release.
Feb 28, 2019 - DELTARUNE Chapter 1 was released for free on Nintendo Switch and PS4.
Our King has demandest me to write all Rules in Boring English. Truly a terrifying monarcke! But he cannot stopeth me, as I also make my own Rules.
To keep things in placeth, here are some generale guidelines to keep in mind when postingst in the topic. Thou art not obligated to followest them, but doing so will benefit everyone! (Inspiredethest by NoxSpooth and Lightningstep36)
- Don't post Hometown or ending screenshots! Keep those a mysterie for people who hasn'tst played the game, will thou?
- Ignore or report off-topic discussion, spamming and other rule-breaking instants. Do not feedeth the worms!
- Always try to be constructive and contribute to the discussion. An Reactione Image is't not enough!
- Don't make purposely provocative posts, such as trying to stir up conflict. Thou will be reportedest.
- Don't engage in arguments over opinions. Everyone is entitled to theirest opinions, alloweth us respectedeth that.
- No roleplaying! Only the finestethe discussionests and queries art allowededest in this topic!
- Avoid bringing up negative events in the past, such as flame wars, even if those art not related to this magnificente topic specifically. Nay one wanteth to be remindedest.
- Respect everyone's pronouns, even if those art fictional.
- Use links instead of images, and snip long quote chains. I do not wisheth to see thine same quote chains every page!
- All Scratch guidelines apply to this topic, as usuale. Keepeth't gentle and respectful fore everyone.
- Don't attack other fandoms. We do not wantesteth new wars o' flame, do we?
- We are not a separate community/fandom from Undertale. We art much like brothers. Inseparable, I sayeth! Do thoust understandethestede?
- If you don't like the game or the franchise in general, feel free to leave. Sabotage not the Discussione for other people who do.